Mike has contributed to winning more than £10 million for projects in the public, private, voluntary and co-operative sectors.
Bill Bernbach (August 13, 1911 – October 2, 1982)
Do good businesses outnumber successful businesses?
20 yrs experience can be boiled down to this:
Only a small % of deals ever close
It’s a fact of life, only a small % of projects make it – for 2 reasons:
1. You didn’t do enough preparation to convince them
2. 97% of the time it’s because of things that are completely outside of your control:
- the need goes away
- the project gets postponed
- life gets in the way
- money needs to be spent elsewhere
- the dog ate their homework
The knack is to make sure you’re well prepared if there’s a deal to be had.
Work with me is about concentrating your resources. It’s about making sure that if there’s a deal to be had you’re in with the best chance.
And yep, well spotted: good businesses do outnumber successful businesses …. by a long way.
The minority is the best place to be.
Funded by / worked in and for:
Mike Odlin MBA, MPNLP